Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thanks and a Tip of the Hat to esh_ga and ggg

Posted by jay_7bsc (My Page) on
Mon, May 23, 11 at 11:43

Dear esh_ga and ggg,
Thanks for mentioning the following two books in recent postings to the Georgia Gardener Forum: Gil Nelson's _Best Native Plants for Southern Gardens: A Handbook for Gardeners, Homeowners, and Professionals_ (Gainesville: Univ. of Florida Press, 2010) and Sally Wasowski's _Gardening with Native Plants of the South_ (Houston?: Taylor, 1994), respectively. I've ordered copies of both books through the American Book Exchange (www.abe.com) and have received Nelson's excellent _vade mecum_ and am eagerly awaiting receipt of Wasowski's handbook.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thanks and a Tip of the Hat to esh_ga and ggg

I hope they work for you!! Even though there is tons in those books, if you head on over to the botanical garden at Perimiter College, you see many varieties you didn't realize would do well here. It's amazing!!

o

Well, I am glad you found these interesting enough to order. I must say that another favorite of mine is The Southern Gardener's Book of Lists by Lois Trigg Chaplin. I find the list I am looking for and then pick out the natives ....

o

Esh, I love that book too. It's my #1 go to book when I am consulting about gardens. Sometimes showing people this book is all they really need. Sometimes it helps me pick the right plant for the right place.
Very good book.

o

I like the "encyclopidia" (sp?) on plants, the best...so far.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here