Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Broccoli Raab in fall?

Posted by opal52 z7 GA (My Page) on
Thu, May 25, 06 at 12:39

Has anyone planted Broccoli Raab in Fall?

The seed packets mention it as a spring crop only, but members in the Vegetable Forum from cooler zones plant it in fall also. It's a delicious vegetable and very hard to find in our local grocery stores.

I will be grateful to receive any information on growing Broccoli Raab (spring or fall) in Georgia.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Broccoli Raab in fall?

Fall and winter. It overwinters here in the Atlanta area no problem.

GGG

o

Thanks GGG. I look forward to planting this fall.

o

A member of our community garden planted it last fall and then let it go to flower in the late winter. It was beautiful! I have decided to plant it this fall at home as an ornamental for those beautiful flowers, which were also honey bee magnets.

o

Yep. The first time I tried broccoli raab was a fall planting, and it did very well here in Jersey. good luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here