Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where I can buy Super Hot Peppers in ATL area?

Posted by Bob_Mc (My Page) on
Sat, May 24, 14 at 13:42

The peppers I raised from seed this year(mostly super hot varieties such as Trinidad Scorpions and Carolina Reapers) didn't grow well, and I managed to kill most off by allowing them to sit too long in my mini-green house on a very hot day. Does anyone know of a source locally for this type of pepper. I did have a source in Birmingham, but due to health issues have been unable to travel this season to the nursery I normally purchased them from.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where I can buy Super Hot Peppers in ATL area?

I guess I should have added that I'm located in Walton County about 25 miles from Athens, so I should include that in my search. But all this considered, I'll find a way to get to any source that is in the area.

o

Is there a farmer's market nearby that might sell vegetable seedlings? An internationally-minded market tends to cater to those that like hotter peppers (like those used in Thai/Chinese cooking for example).

o

I'll give that a try. I've been to several farmers markets around Atlanta. A few of which cater to the International crowd. I don't recall seeing plants for sale, but plenty of hot peppers. I'll check that out this week.

o

Check Hall's in Decatur/Stone Mountain. In the past they've carried Ghost, Fatalli, and various scotch bonnet plants, but you should call before making the drive as the plants listed on their website are sometimes not available.

Here is a link that might be useful: pepper list

o

Thank you very much. I called Halls immediately upon seeing your post. They have the varieties you mentioned in stock. I'll be stopping there bright and early tomorrow.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here