Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Amsonia growth rate - first year

Posted by georgia_transplant 7b (My Page) on
Thu, May 22, 08 at 14:07

I planted two Amsonia hubrichtii at the end of March. They were from little 4" pots (just roots). They sprouted almost immediately and the branches quickly grew to about 8" tall. In the last month, it seems like they have grown very little, if at all. They look healthy. They get about 7-8 hours of sun a day.

It's been colder than usual here, I think - will the Amsonias take off when it heats up? How tall might they get their first summer?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Amsonia growth rate - first year

I grew mine from seed. The first year growth rate was slow. This year much faster until they got into bud and then growth slowed down while they flowered.

GGG

o
RE: Amsonia growth rate - first year

Thanks GGG!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here