Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nwgatreasures

May Night Salvia

nwgatreasures
13 years ago

Any sources that you're aware of within 25 miles of Rome? I looked at one place and they wanted $6.99 for a 4 inch pot that looked like crap.

I'll be near Peremeter Mall on Saturday if there's a source between me and there.

I need 4 to 6 more plants.

Dora

Comments (10)

• botanicat
    13 years ago

Try Lowe's in Rome. I've gotten some there before.

• nwgatreasures
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I should have clarified that I've looked in every garden place in Rome and there are several varieties of Salvia but the only place that had May Night had the one that was way overpriced and looked like crap.

And as much success that I've had at the Rome Lowe's, they dissapointed me yesterday when they acted like they could have cared less that I was looking for any kind of plant. Not nice :/

Dora

• faeriegardenmum zone 6
    13 years ago

Not May night, but found a new favorite at WM/Calhoun last week for $4/gal. I fell in love and planted last year. Cardonna, is just beautiful w'reddish stems, so it adds more interest, not rangey like some.

• susaninnorthga
    13 years ago

Dora, I love that. I used to have it but did not know the name, it did a search on it to find out what you were refering to. If you find any, let me know!!
    Susan.

• nwgatreasures
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Home Depot just got some in but it's not labeled as May Night -it's just a generic "Salvia" label but it is May Night.

Does anyone know if this perrenial seeds? If they do, tell me when/how to get them and I'll share whatever I have.

Dora

• susaninnorthga
    13 years ago

Some years it came back and some years it didn't. It has been quite a while since I had some and when I moved to Rome I could never find it. Used to be readily available in Atlanta.

• nwgatreasures
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I was very surprised to see mine come up after the 3 snows and cold temps that we had here; however, it did and it is really healthy/blooming nice.

Lavender Mountain has some that is specifically marked May Night but $6.99 for a 4 inch pot is ridiculous!! Especially when it looks as ragged as it did. I have found stuff on the clearance rack at Lowes in twice better condition than those pots. I asked if she would be willing to mark it down and she gave me the impression that I had paid her the ultimate insult.

She took her business back about 20 notiches on my chart with that encounter :( Oh well.

Yesterday, I worked on the area with the May Night Salvia:

I think once the newer Salvia fill in....the purple mass will be quite an eye catcher when someone comes around that curve in our subdivision :)

also planted some delosperma

and some Shasta Daisy

I'll post today's efforts/results in another thread.

Good Lord, I'm tired but satisfied :)
    Dora

• pam_3
    13 years ago

Can you divide the big ones? Then it would be free. :)

• mk87
    13 years ago

If you have an Ace Hardware near you, they usually have May Night as well.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    13 years ago

May night is a really common (but lovely) plant.
    I see it all season at the box stores.

Sponsored