Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janen_gw

Spring Trade ~ Thank you all

janen
14 years ago

I just wanted to say thank you to all who came to the plant trade today. Special thanks to Barbara & Kevin for hosting it. Thank you to everyone who traded plants with me. The food was great also. This was my first plant trade and I LOVED it. Especially fun was putting faces with all the forum names. Gardeners are such wonderful, friendly people. Even the rain didn't spoil our fun. Happy Gardening everyone!

Comments (16)

• natalie4b
    14 years ago

I would like to join Janen is expressing my gratitude to Barbara and Kevin for hosting this event, and also thank everyone for so generously offering your plants for exchange.

I just came back from the outside - spent all this time planting my new flowers. This is so much more special and meaningful then buying them in a store. Every time I will look at the plants - they will remind me of all of you wonderful people!!!

It was a real pleasure meeting and chatting with you!
    Can't wait to do it again next year! :)

~Natalie

• botanicat
    14 years ago

Thanks Barbara and Kevin for hosting another great swap. The company, food, and plants were great. I've been planting already.
    I do have a question about one of the plants I got from the "herb" section. I forgot the name of the one with white foliage. I want to make sure I plant it with the right conditions.
    Also, if you got one of the Banshee roses I brought, I thought you might want to know about its growth habit, since it is one that is hard to find info about. It is a once bloomer ( I stuck some of the blooms in beside the plant so you can see that their smell and beauty make up for this somewhat) and it does like to sucker and spread. MIne is bout 6 ft tall.

• mk87
    14 years ago

Hubby and I had a great time too! A big thank you to our hosts (yes, I promise to email you!) and to esh and squirrellypete for my very cool new plants! And, you will all be relieved to know that I did NOT have to endure the post-swap golf shopping after all. :)

• janen
    Original Author
    14 years ago

botanicat - the silvery white foliage plant is an Artemisia I think. Victor has it in his herb garden but it is spreading too much for his tiny garden so he took it out. He doesn't remember the name of it. It may be something we got from a nursery in Florida. I love the silvery leaves - but just keep an eye on it.

• vroomp
    14 years ago

Thanks a lot Barbara and Kevin. My wife and I had a nice time and she even found a few plants she really wanted.

I believe I left that piece of concrete in your yard and would like to stop by to pick it up Monday, if that's ok. It was one of my samples I was to show some folks on Wednesday. If anyone was interested, we are now making concrete counters, tables, stepping stones, hearth stones and benches. We can do any color of concrete (except fire engine red or true blue) with 52 colors of glass aggregate available. They can be made either polished, rough or light texture.

• squirrellypete
    14 years ago

My thanks as well. Barbara and Kevin, your home and garden are beautiful, and it was so cool to see how it evolved since the last trade I went to at your home a few years back. I'm inspired now to try some of your landscaping ideas at my house! The food was delicious as always too.

Thanks to everyone again who pre-traded and to all who brought goodies for the general swap. I can't wait to start planting. May even get out there in the rain today. My truck looks like a greenhouse on wheels right now lol. Brad, Susan and Pam...thanks for helping my mom and I carry plants from the car. Much appreciated.

It was nice to see gardening friends again and meet new ones for next time. Sincerely, Danielle

• turkeytaker
    14 years ago

Another thank you! I had a great time and have to get busy digging holes today. :)

• pam_3
    14 years ago

Thanks Barbara and Kevin and everyobody. The trade was sticky, but loads of fun. It's always fun to talk plants with somebody who cares (my hubby just doesn't get it!) I did a little planting when I got home. My major project is de-weeding the creek banks, and transplanting the common daylilies. So, I will be busy for a while. Trying to make the yard look amazing if we have to sell. Sigh.

I hope Franny is ok! That post concerns me!

• Iris GW
    14 years ago

Thanks to Barbara and Kevin for hosting this. Thanks to all for the trades and the free for all. And thanks to botanicat for that delicious cake! Having a slice of that was a real treat.

• bmmalone
    14 years ago

Kevin and I thank you all for your kind words, we loved seeing everyone and are glad that you all got to get the plants before the weather became too wet. As I said to most people, if there is ANYTHING in the garden you would like, plants, cuttings etc, let me know and I will make sure they get to you.
    On a sadder note, I had an email from Franny this afternoon. She did not make the trade due to a family loss. I believe she lives reasonably close to me, and said she could pick her plants up when she felt like it. She is sorry that she still has the pre-trade plants potted up at her house and I said that I thought most people could live without those plants till the fall trade. She may try and get them to you some other way.
    Vroomp, stop by tomorrow for your stepping stone, - not sure if anyone will be here, but that's ok.
    Thanks again to everyone yesterday such a wonderful trade.

• amybabyboy3
    14 years ago

I would also like to thank Barbara and Kevin for hosting such a wonderful swap. It was my first and my husband and I really enjoyed meeting all of you. Thank you for a great Day and lots of new garden friends! We don't get out without our kids often so it was a real treat for us. Thank you for all the wonderful plants and delicious food too. Take care, Amy

• lucyatlanta
    14 years ago

Thanks Barbara and Kevin for hosting -- it was a great plant trade. I enjoyed seeing your beautiful garden, yard and home. Good to see everyone and meet a few new folks. Look forward to seeing everyone in the Fall.

PS -- we could not ask for better weather to put our new plants in. I have to get busy!

• frannyflowers
    14 years ago

Hi All, I'm sorry I wasn't able to make the trade. It sounds like everyone had a wonderful time.

Thank you to everyone for your plants. I went by Barbara's yesterday to pick them up and she graciously gave me a tour of her gorgeous garden. Wow! What a beautiful home and garden.

Janen, thank you for the Japanese Anemone and the many varieties of iris. I have your plants for you and I will save them for the next trade. If you change your mind and would like me to bring them to you or meet you somewhere just let me know I'd be glad to.

Turkeytaker, thank you for the heuchera and bee balm. I have daisies for you. I can save them for you for the next trade or I'd be glad to bring them to you. Let me know.

Pam, thank you for the black-eyed susan. I have iris and a purple cherokee tomato for you. Let me know if you'd like me to bring them to you or I can save the iris and bring it to you at the next trade.

Esh, thank you for the Georgia Aster and Columbine. I have daisies and a tomato for you. Let me know if you'd like me to bring them to you or I can save the daisies for the next trade.

Vroomp, thank you for the Mexican Petunias. I didn't have you down for anything but if there's something on my list that you'd like let me know.

Barbara, thank you for the crocosmia, yellow iris and black eyed susan. I hope you enjoy the pink obedient plant, cosmos and tomatoes. And thank you for the tour of your lovely garden.

Thank you all so much,
    Franny :-)

• Iris GW
    14 years ago

Franny, you can save my daisies or let me know if you ever come over to the Hickory Flat area and I can meet you somewhere. It's no rush - I have plenty of plants to keep me occupied. ;)

• pam_3
    14 years ago

Franny,
    My DH is getting laid off next month, so I'm not sure we'll be here (he didn't get that job in Roswell, guys.) So, I don't think you should hang on to the Iris for me. I may be anywere! Thanks.

• frannyflowers
    14 years ago

Thanks Esh, sounds good. :)

Pam, I'm very sorry to hear that. I hope he finds a new job soon. I'm sure the iris is the least of your concerns now but I will replant it in my garden and it will be there for you when you're ready. Good luck with the job hunt.

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler