Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susaninnorthga

Today in the Walled Garden (photos)

susaninnorthga
13 years ago

I learned how to imbed photos!! Here are some from today in my walled garden.

My Overgrown Jungle:

Buff Beauty Rose, in Container:

{{gwi:268161}}

Seedlings, Sunflowers, Cosmos, Sweet Williams, Zinnias:

Comments (11)

• buford
    13 years ago

I love walled gardens. Everything looks great.

• vicki7
    13 years ago

You are so fortunate to have a walled garden. It is beautiful. Thanks for sharing

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

Very lovely!

• nwgatreasures
    13 years ago

Susan,
    I can see why you love this spot :)

Dora

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    13 years ago

Wow! Post some more so we can make sure you know how to do it. (-;

• Iris GW
    13 years ago

It is lovely. My question, why exactly do you HAVE a walled garden? Is the wall there for some reason or did you construct this specifically to BE a walled garden?

• pam_3
    13 years ago

Beautiful!

• susaninnorthga
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone for the responses.
    Brandon, here is how I did it. I moved into an already established walled garden 7 years ago, then let it get overgrown, put in quite a few containers here and there. It is very dilapidated right now, but still has a charm about it. Completely neglected it for the past two years during the GA drought.
    Esh, it was already walled when we bought the house. It is a semi-circular shaped wall that goes completely around the back of the house and probably is a retainer wall since the backyard goes up from the house. It is so over grown due to our neglect that you really can't see the whole wall in the picture.
    More pix can be seen in my Spring and Summer album at Photobucket,link is below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photobucket

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    13 years ago

Oh, I wasn't wondering whether you knew how to make a walled garden...I just thought you should post more pictures so I could see more of your garden...I mean so I could make sure you knew how to embed pictures (-;

• susaninnorthga
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ha, ha, ha, Brandon, I completely mis-read your post. If anyone is wanting help learning to insert pictures, here is what I did:
    Created the Photobucket site, then I went to the Test forum and tested what I was doing by using the trial and error method. Copied the html code of each photo and inserted that into the message. I kept two windows open so I could go back and forth to copy each photo's html into the one message.
    Susan.

• mk87
    13 years ago

Wow. If this is your definition of "very dilapidated right now," I might as well hang up my garden gloves right this minute! :)

That is a beautiful spot!

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths