Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
honeysuckle

Posted by bobbygil 7 (rascal559@aol.com) on
Sat, May 17, 08 at 18:38

Is it just me or now that the honeysuckle is in bloom, does it seem to be an incredibly lot more of it this year than ever before. I thought the same thing a month ago when I kept seeing Bradford pears all over the place where you knew they werent planted. I have woods behind me and its a struggle to keep the honeysuckle at bay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: honeysuckle

I couldn't believe how much honeysuckle there is this year. It is so fragrant that you smell it as soon as you open the door. It is starting to fade a little but abut 2 days ago it was amazing how incredible it smelled. I had to keep reminding myself that this is an evil plant and that i hate it but it was fabulous to smell it. I also notice the poison ivy is taking off like crazy. i think it is since we didn't have a late freeze like last year, plus we have had decent rainfall, everything is happy.

o

Yes, I smelled lots of honey suckle today. I actually have some growing up the front of my house. It was supposed to be late blooming red honey suckle, but it looks just like the stuff growing all over my back yard. But it does smell great.

o

• Posted by shot 8 - GA (My Page) on
    Mon, May 19, 08 at 7:56

I just had to spray one of my fence lines with Roundup as the honey suckle was taking over.

Shot

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here