Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nwgatreasures

May 18th Efforts & Results (well, kinda :)

nwgatreasures
13 years ago

Yesterday my hubby and I worked in the very front flowerbed area the farthest from our house. It gets full sun all day long and I've been working to fill it with perrenials so we don't have to keep reinventing it every growing season. My tulips are there. I posted pics of its current stage on the May Salvia thread.

Today - I tackled another area...here's what it looked like before we started:

and

So we worked for about 3 hours digging up all the things we don't/didn't want, including 3 rose bushes that have never done well, 3 trees that had started growing from out of nowhere, and a rather large Rosemary that had grown so fast I couldn't keep up with it.

I had NO IDEA there were SO MANY daylillies in that area....they just seemed to multiply when we started lifting them up and some of the main stems coming up from the root systems were as big as my wrist!

Here's the changes mid-event:

I potted them up so that I can move them to the front of my house in the next month after those horrible boxwoods are gone. The crazy thing is that I only took up 1/3 of the daylillies there in that bed. I have to do the other 2/3 tomorrow/Wednesday.

If you are near me and would like to have any of them, please contact me so that we can make arrangements for you to come and get them :P

So.....what to do in that spot now?

Gets full morning sun until about 12 to 1 pm and then it is shaded until about 5 pm and then gets that western late afternoon sun (you can see the shade in the pictures of the potted lillies).

Any ideas?

Dora

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations