Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Some Help PLease

Posted by gypsy124 Zone 7 (My Page) on
Mon, May 31, 10 at 19:40

In my yard I have a small fountain area. On either side of the fountain are triangles of dirt measuring about 3x3x3. These areas get full sun almost all day. Can anyone suggest what I can plant there? I'm thinking something small & hopefully, something with color. I'm at a loss as I'm not much of a gardener & given the heat we get here in the summer, I don't want to plant something that will burn up in a couple of weeks. lol
Thanks,
Gypsy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Some Help PLease

How about good old lantana? You could do the hardy variety and have it come back year after year!

:)

o

If the fountain is near a walk way a a creeping gardenia might be nice. The smell as it blooms is wonderful and the nice part is it would stay green in the winter. The only disadvantage would be you might need to throw a sheet over it if it gets really cold, although, to be honest I put one in last spring and didn't cover it all winter and it looks great! You would just want to be careful of the type of gardenia and talk to someone at the nursery to choose a variety that won't get too big for the space. Otherwise lantana is a good idea. Or, there are all sorts of ideas for annuals, of course those you have to replant every year...

Hope this helps,

Katie

o

Hydrangea and peonies love full sun. They are not that attractive (hydrangea lose their leaves and peonies are cut down each year) in the winter months but are beautiful and hardy the rest of the year.

o

sedum or dianthus

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here