Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Score!

Posted by yomamanem 7B Georgia (My Page) on
Sat, May 17, 08 at 20:05

I was looking for 'Knock-out' roses today and the only ones I could find here in my town were $19 to $25 for a 3-gallon plant. (I actually wanted 1 gal. plants.) I went to Lowes in Douglasville and they had 3-gallon plants for $12.99 and double bloom plants in 3 gal. containers for $14.99. They were very bud-loaded and healthy. Wow, the prices sure do vary!
Where can I get cross vine?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Score!

The Home Depot on 92 in Roswell had one gallon 'Tangerine Beauty' crossvine last week for $7.43 (who comes up with these prices?).

o
Crossvine

After looking at comments about crossvine or trumpet climber, I think I will pass. It seems to be described as the vine from he!!.

o

Actually those comments are usually reserved for Trumpet Creeper (Campsis radicans), not Crossvine (Bignonia capreolata).

o

Went to HD Friday to pick up some mulch(used all of my free pine needles, for the first time,ever!)and they were unloading 3-gal.KO Roses, which appeared to have been delivered in the rear of a open bed truck. The leaves and blooms(what was left of them), were very tattered and few unopened buds.
They were priced at $18 or maybe $20, no one was sure. I wouldn't have paid more than $1 for them, as they were in such bad shape.
Rb

o

I have bought most of my 25 or so knockouts in the fall at 50-75% off. They usually looked pretty bad. The following spring, however! Gorgeous. These are really tough plants and I wouldn't worry about some abuse from the store or truck. But I would want them marked down.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here