Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Who/what is eating my squash?

Posted by trivedi_south (My Page) on
Mon, May 31, 10 at 20:59

I made a paste of garlic, green jalapeno pepper, red korean pepper and sprayed it on this afternoon...but its raining again....would have washed it off already :(

Any ideas how to prevent this? I went and bought some marigold and will plant it around the squash. I don't want to fence the raised bed if possible.

Plants 2010

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Who/what is eating my squash?

Can you lift your squash off of the ground a bit? Are they on the ground? I have sometimes used a plastic garden container to lift them off of the ground. Diamotaceous earth, which also must be re-applied after rains, sprinkled under and around the veggies should help. It will actually kill the bugs.

o

I will try that. Those darn bag of d-earth cost $10!!!

Its not rodents nibbling on them, is it?

o

Im no expert,but looks like something with teeth. Mabe a squirell or mouse.I can't think of anything else.Only thing,you think they would have eaten more.

o

Yes, it does.
We had a turtle last year at church that ate our food. Anything low to the ground was turtle munched.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here