Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nice weather for the weekend!

Posted by esh_ga z7 GA (My Page) on
Thu, May 6, 10 at 21:42

Oh, the forecast looks so promising - cool, dry days. Perfect for working on some of those chores I haven't had/made time for before: edging the grass, picking up sticks, cutting down that big ol' holly (chinese!) on the corner of the house ....

I'm making my list of things to do. How about you?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nice weather for the weekend!

I am not into much landscaping things , though I do grass mowing etc.
But I do love gardening, growing new things. I am pretty much all set with veggies of various kinds.
Now I am focusing a bit on beautification and planting annual flowers.
I have started some allyssum, marigolds, petunia, and zinia. Also my purple hyacinth
pole beans are growing though very slowly. So are Passion flowers vines poking up , joining the chorus of climbers.
We are getting close to the show time.

Happy gardening ye'all

o

My number one chore right now is to go around the edge of my grass area and meticulously trim back all the little "fingers" of Bermuda grass that are trying to walk into my flower beds!!!!!!

Then I need to continue work on the slope, removing another foot wide strip of grass so I can eventually replace it with ground cover.

The veggies are planted -- squirrel patrol will start soon!

We are now at the point where everything can get out of control fast! You can just feel the plants ready to burst with energy!

I can't wait for the weekend!!!!!!

o

I plan to do some heavy work filling a new bed area with soil, and doing some rock work. Then plant a pineapple guava there. We need to weed wack the "wild" area, pinestraw some places, and dig out an area of the garden which has, believe it or not, NO acidity what soever and add some acids. I am going to angle for a trip to Hastings I think. I have not been there in many, many years.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here