Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trivedi_south

75% off at lowe

trivedi_south
13 years ago

All edible garden (raspberries/blueberries/grapes/rhubard/onion...etc etc) are 75% off at lowe's.

I bought 8 blueberry plants. Would blueberry grow in boggy (not well drained) soil?

Comments (13)

• georgeb_noobgarden
    13 years ago

Where at in georgia? I sure hope they have the sale at savannah. About 7 days ago they were still full price for everything!!!

• georgeb_noobgarden
    13 years ago

I just when there and the bare root dead plants (No they are not dormant they are dead. Only ones i saw that are alive are grapes and they will have a hard time growing here) are 50% off. The live berry and fig plants are $1 off (Of course they are full of grass too!!) The tomatos and other season plants and seeds are full price still!

• ladywindsurfer
    13 years ago

I don't even go there anymore. The last time I shopped their garden center, was 7 or 8 years ago, during a 50% OFF SALE. Everything rang up at regular price on the register and I had to personally run down the store manager to obtain the sale price. He refused to acknowledge repeated pages from the first-day-on-the-job cashier.

BTW, at that particular store (Lilburn), most of the sun tolerant plants were under shade and conversely, the shade plants were in full sun!

• Iris GW
    13 years ago

Does any one know if dirt is still on sale? For a while there they had bagged topsoil for 57 cents - half of the usual price of $1.14.

• trivedi_south
    Original Author
    13 years ago

They had broken bags of everything at 50% off. I bought lots of semi broken, still full soil ammendment bags for $1 and some change.

They have a clearance bin of plants....even dead looking plant at 25 cents, 50 cents came back. I bought on clearance $2.00 gigantic bushes, which upon water are flourishing.

I buy from their clearance bin every week...perenials....and they all are flourishing.

I think its cheaper than free seed swap....price of postage.

:-)

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

Our local Lowes is actually pretty good! A guy in our neighborhood runs the plant department (even though he is not a gardener) and does a nice job. Everything is clean, well stocked although not always priced correctly. Sale plants would not ring up as sale two weeks ago - that is not the local stores fault, that was their system error coming from what is programed into their computers.

• vicki7
    13 years ago

The Buford Lowe's usually is pretty good. They keep the plants watered and make an effort to put most of the shade plants in the shade, etc. It is heartbreaking to go into some places and see plants that USED to be beautiful that are dead from lack of water...

• trivedi_south
    Original Author
    13 years ago

"USED to be beautiful that are dead from lack of water..."

Yep....seen that at W-Mart all the time...seems like people don't care there much.

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

I think they cut some staff at some walmarts. Our local walmart has a pretty poor garden section now. The only regular staff is the cashier. They never have any bagged goods.

One place that used to be great here before they closed it was K-mart! I really liked their garden center.

• nwgatreasures
    13 years ago

Hello Everyone.....haven't posted in a while but I'm back now.

I frequently purchase items from the sale racks at our local Lowes (Rome, GA) and have had VERY positive and inexpensive success.

Some of the things that I have gotten include:
    Leyland Cypress (about 4 feet tall for $2/each)
    Roses for $2 each
    Salvia (4 in pots for a quarter each)
    Lorepetelum $2 each)
    Lots of petunias

I am wanting to start with some blueberries so I think I'll pay them a visit later today after work and see what I can find.

Some of the stuff on the clearance racks are dead.....but if you look beyond those things....one can find some really good deals.

I once saw a 12 ft Magnolia (which was just pot/root bound) for only $20. I already had one and can't stand the leaves it puts out so I passed on that.

Dora
    Rome/Floyd Co.

• trivedi_south
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank You All. Thanks Dora. I think this is a great, inexpensive way to increase the varieties in the garden.

I was in no way endorsing a particular company.

I would love to know sales that might be going on at other places as well....thats all. I got lot of blueberries for $2 a piece (two plants in each sack) and that was a steal.

My monthly gardening budget is extremely high...so look for deals. Please post if you come across something.

I have bought shasha daisy from clearance sale at Pike's last year. It was so dead looking but the price was so unbeatable...so I bought it...what the heck...now I have split the plant and I have multiple bushes in the yard...love the plant. When everything is dead in fall, that bush full of its white flowers all the way into winter, makes my day.

Thanks.

• georgeb_noobgarden
    13 years ago

Looks like lowes got rid of the bareroot plants in savannah ga!! Just have the grass filled berries left thats only $1 off the normal price!

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations