Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
girlgroupgirl

Brugmansia that are hardy for you

girlgroupgirl
14 years ago

I'm in the market for more plants :) They are finally going to be working on my back yard. YIPEE!!!

I am hoping for a patio with some lovely scented plants, in particular brugmansia (I have more sun now than I ever had). I have two hardy brugmansia and I would like to add a few more. What does well for you as a perennial in the garden in Atlanta?

Thanks,

GGG

Comments (6)

• vroomp
    14 years ago

I have Dr. Seuss, white, and pink Brugs that seem to over-winter just fine every year. The whites have the best scent.

• squirrellypete
    14 years ago

I don't have any input on the brugs but glad to hear your back yard is coming along nicely. That's always exciting to see the work getting done and then time for new plants!

Danielle

• girlgroupgirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Danielle! They are hoping to start on Thursday. Nothing done yet but the plans are there!! I like to scheme.

Thanks Vroomp. I do want some nice yellows...white will work too. We're hopefully getting this done successfully and then pouring the patio. Finally getting that stupid drainage work done! The tornado put us on hold again for another year - ate up all our savings getting the trees out.

• jerryngeorgia31557
    14 years ago

I have yellow single and double burgs cuttings if you would like to trade or just pay postage. Let me know.

• girlgroupgirl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Jerry, that is very kind of you. I am unfortunately going to wait. I'm just doing research for next year.

They have started on the yard, however the city has been very frustrating and shut us down for now.
    The poor workmen who are relying on their pay. I feel awful for them, and the city is just trying to grub money for something they don't get a cent for. Hopefully next week we are back at it!!

• GAAlan
    14 years ago

I have only two in the ground. Frosty Pink and a white suaveolens. My white has been in the ground since 1999. I remember at the time I planted mine, reading comments on GW of someone who'd had some in the ground 10 years then! Heres my white in late October 2006...........

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES