Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bmmalone

Deer - in Sandy Springs

bmmalone
14 years ago

OK, I was talking to my neighbor yesterday about what could be eating my plants and apparently there are three deer that have been seen several times in the street outside my house. Can you believe it! Deer living on or near my house! Now I have to deal with bunnies and deer!

Comments (11)

• lzygrdner
    14 years ago

And Coyotes!

• rosiew
    14 years ago

DEER! They are everywhere it seems. Wouldn't be at all surprised to read reports of them in Midtown. None of our local municipalities (that I know of) have taken action re this. It isn't easy or inexpensive to implement programs aimed at removing them to the wild. I'm hoping my city will do this. Will be interested in other thoughts/opinions.

Rosie, in Sugar Hill

• mk87
    14 years ago

bmmalone -- We have deer, bunnies, and...(wait for it)...foxes! I have been really surprised, but this year and last year...in fact, ever since the "Mother's Day Tornado" last year...we have had foxes. I am surprised you have not seen deer before now, in fact. I would've thought they would be pretty common in your area. At least the deer probably won't mess with the astilbe though. :)

P.S. Got my astilbe out this morning...thanks to my hubby but no thanks to some wasps in the compost bins! :(

• mk87
    14 years ago

lzygrdner -- wait a minute...did you say COYOTES?

• bmmalone
    Original Author
    14 years ago

We have three or four beautiful red foxes around here and way too many coyotes! They tend to travel up the creek, and at dusk just stand on the other side of the creek staring at us. The bats have also returned this year - however, I have not noticed a decrease in mosquitoes yet! Apart from that we have the odd turtle, lots of snakes, chipmunks, squirrels, possum and raccoons - oh, and once we had a black bear! So much for suburbia!

• bagsmom
    14 years ago

We are right in the historic Marietta Square neighborhood. We have coyotes, raccoons, deer, wild turkey, chipmunks, bunnies, a HUGE groundhog, hawks.... It's fun! bmmalone, where are you? The black bear thing is a little disconcerting!

• bmmalone
    Original Author
    14 years ago

yes, the bear was a surprise! It was a few years back and he had wandered down the Chattahoochee from up north following his nose for food. the creek at the back of my house leads to the river and Animal Control think he took a left turn somewhere and ended up in our yard and then found his way to Target in Sandy Springs where he was captured. They took him back north and we never saw him again!

• Iris GW
    14 years ago

bmmalone - sorry about the deer. Truth is, we had too many in our neighborhood so I dropped a couple of them off at your place when we had the swap .... ;)

• girlgroupgirl
    14 years ago

We've had deer and BEARS in our neighborhood!

• bmmalone
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Esh - so it WAS you!!!

• mk87
    14 years ago

Sorry...the coyote thing is still blowing my mind...

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting