Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for references for local nursery that does landscaping

Posted by Homechicken 7b/Atlanta (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 7, 11 at 8:43

I live in Grayson and The Family Tree Garden Center is just up the road from me. We've always had better luck with the plants we've bought there than at any of the other nurseries/box stores near us and I see on their website they have a landscape design/installation team also. I've been toying with the idea of doing a major renovation to our front yard this fall if I choose to stick with Fescue, or next spring if I go with Zoysia. I want to rip out our old lawn and flower beds and regrade to smooth and change the slope to improve drainage where needed, lay new sod and build a raised level flower bed along the front about 1/2 the size of the one that's there now. I basically want more grass with less stuff to mow around and fewer flowers/shrubs to take care of. Right now the front yard is almost 1/4 taken up with a giant flower bed/azalea patch and the flower bed along the front of the house is the same way. We probably have in the neighborhood of 30 Azaleas out front and I want them all gone. I love Azaleas but I'm tired of them and ready for something different.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for references for local nursery that does landscapi

Incredibly ambitious plans, which sound great. Would you consider offering the azaleas to fellow gardeners?

Cannot make recommendations, but would ask Family Tree Garden Center for references from customers they've done major work for.

Rosie, in Sugar Hill

o

Rosie, I've already considered it. Two problems I see are I don't want to do it too soon because I don't want big holes all over the yard too long prior to begining work on the renovation and they're all old mature plants that will be quite a chalenge to dig up and separate. They're all close together and I'm sure their roots are entertwined badly.

o

Homechicken, agree they wouldn't be at all easy to transplant, probably not even possible.

Know you're going to love the finished front. Good luck.

Rosie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here