Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to buy Zoysia Sod in Greater Atlanta?

Posted by sethramesh z7 GA (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 1, 09 at 13:12

I am establishing my new lawn (2400 Sq. feet). I was quoted 189$ per pallet plus Tax and delivery of Zoysia. Each pallet is 405 Sq. feet. Is there a SOD Form that can sell directly to home owners? or any other place I can get it cheaper?

I am reluctant to hydro seed because I need to water 2 times a day for at least a month. Water cost is high here in Cobb county. Of course hydro seeding costs only $400 as against sod which costs 1400$. Plus issue of weeds when I hydro seed

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to buy Zoysia Sod in Greater Atlanta?

I got my zoysia from Buck Jones in Woodstock. You could call them for a quote as well. Have you inquired at Home Depot/Lowes for a special order (they may not carry it but would special order it)?

o

Perhaps you can go with Zoysia plugs as an alternative? You should be able to find a bunch of places online which can ship plugs to you.

o

Don't buy it from SOD ATLANTA in Cartersville GA they are religious bigots.

o

I put zeon zoysia in last April. Here is a pic of what it looked like when I did it. It was about 75% green when I had it installed. Came in great. I would recommend waiting till May for the 100% green and best results though.

The zeon is the best zoysia variety in my opinion. Feels super good on the feet and is very pretty most of the year.

The people that helped me get it installed were from www.atlantasods.com and were very helpful.

Here is a link that might be useful: Zeon Zoysia sod Atlanta

o

My neighbor and I bought our sod directly through Simply Sod this year. They were great to work with our sod was beautiful and the girl in customer support that took my order was very helpful. Their prices were very good too. We ordered monday and we scheduled to have our sod delivered saturday. Here is the link to their website

www.simplysod.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here