Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vietzero

Help me with finding a nursery

vietzero
12 years ago

Last month I found a place that was selling fruit tree in the bag for $10. The tree is bare root and pretty healthy. On the package it say GARDENER PRICE GP on it. When I search online to see if I can find the nursery I have no luck finding any information on them. They have all different kinds of fruit tree that you can think of. So if anyone got any information on where the nursery is let me know. Thanks you.

Comments (4)

• girlgroupgirl
    12 years ago

Vietzero, it may be best when you post to offer more information IN your posts. Where did you buy this plant, what did you buy?

It is best to research fruit before you purchase it. Here, they often import fruit from other states or other countries and it isn't necessarily the best variety for this area. That is not to say it is a bad choice either, just a gamble. I have been spending a bit more for fruit trees I know will succeed and survive here, that are generally known to fruit and do well. This is a good buy for me because I don't have to buy more than one tree (hopefully)!!

• vietzero
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I found them in a local fruit and vegetable shop off exit 228 in stockbridge. The shop is near Brandsmart. For me it is a waste of time doing research cause generally if they are hardy around 10 and below then it should be fine GA. I won't pay that much for a tree since most fruit tree have disease and the weather is unpredictable. If they going die then they will die so there isn't any need to pay that much for a tree since you can get two for the price you pay at the HOME DEPOT or LOWES. Mostly I find that buying fruit tree online often die. I have purchase fruit tree for $5 before and they will healthy and bare a lot of fruit. I hope someone find the nursery that I mention. Really need some asian pear right now.

• girlgroupgirl
    12 years ago

If you find a reputable nursery, with time tested stock, chances are and follow recommended growing practice, chances are the trees will not be very diseased. Sometimes you CAN find great things at good prices and they are a good variety with good rootstock for this zone. Mainly you are looking for grafting on location appropriate root stock, and you can't tell that by looking. I wasn't thinking about a big box store, I was thinking that sometimes they sell trees and fruit plants bare root at Aldi's grocery. I know it is very inexpensive but it ends up costing on labor and time when you keep having to dig stuff up, replant and then wait again for years until the next tree becomes bearing size.

• vietzero
    Original Author
    12 years ago

"If you find a reputable nursery, with time tested stock, chances are and follow recommended growing practice, chances are the trees will not be very diseased. Sometimes you CAN find great things at good prices and they are a good variety with good rootstock for this zone. Mainly you are looking for grafting on location appropriate root stock, and you can't tell that by looking. I wasn't thinking about a big box store, I was thinking that sometimes they sell trees and fruit plants bare root at Aldi's grocery. I know it is very inexpensive but it ends up costing on labor and time when you keep having to dig stuff up, replant and then wait again for years until the next tree becomes bearing size."

I had dig up some tree in the past month. It is because I had too many bird around the house. All the fruit on my cherry tree was eating before we can get a chance to eat them. Other then that we never have a problem with inexpensive tree.

Sponsored
SURROUNDS Landscape Architecture + Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
DC Area's High-End Custom Landscape Design/Build Firm 9x Best of Houzz