Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susaninnorthga

In the Garden today (several pictures)

susaninnorthga
13 years ago

Walking around today with the camera, wanted to share.

Susan.

Summer Carnival Hollyhock (double bloom)

Hollyhock close-up

{{gwi:14956}}

Jacob Kline Bee Balm just opening...

Reve d'Or, a Noisette/Tea Climber, lives in container

{{gwi:214258}}

Blue Pearl Impatience with Coleus, container made from CD holder turned on side and holes drilled for drainage.

{{gwi:14957}}

Oakleaf Hydrangea "Alice"

Its growing out of the wall at the bottom. How did it do this???

Comments (16)

• woody_ga
    13 years ago

Beautiful! I'd love to see everybody's pictures!

• bagsmom
    13 years ago

Ooooo - how fun!!!!!!

I'm going to work outside tomorrow, maybe I'll get ambitious and bring out the camera. I'll show y'all how the slope is progressing. (Slowly.)

:)

• Iris GW
    13 years ago

Beautiful beebalm, mine is just coming out too.

Here is beebalm's milder cousin :

And my two crinums, the first one came from botanicat (swap two years ago) and the second is from another friend:

• vicki7
    13 years ago

Beautiful pics, everyone! Maybe one day I'll actually get around to learning how to post some.

• susaninnorthga
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Wow, Esh, your pix are wonderful. I got my JK Bee Balm from Sweet Willow Landscaping in Rome. It was in the dollar bin with a bunch of other things that had been damaged in a storm, so I got it on the cheap. When I got home I divided it because it was pot bound, so now I have two for a dollar. Your pale one is really beautiful.

• girlgroupgirl
    13 years ago

Beautiful! How on earth did you get both roses and crinum to bloom at the same time :)
    My roses for the most part (not all, but at least for now) are done. I wish I could keep them going all summer long....

• vroomp
    13 years ago

My Crinum is blooming as well but, the detail in this lacecap is awesome.

This Gomphrena is also doing well.

And if you like red, try this Verbeena.

• pam_3
    13 years ago

Did you get a new camera, vroomp? Those photos are outstanding. As are everyone else's. Thanks for posting, everyone!

• eagertopaint
    13 years ago

Everyone's flowers and pictures are so pretty. Wanted to share just a few of what is blooming in my garden right now.

• bagsmom
    13 years ago

Eagertopaint -- I had to do a double take and see if some of my pictures automatically uploaded into something on this thread! Your hydrangeas next to the porch and your cream and burgundy daylilies are just like mine! It freaked me out for a second!!!!!

That's so funny! I love, love, love all your hydrangeas!

Do you perhaps know the name of the variety that is next to your porch? The big one with the blue mopheads?

When we bought our house, there was NO landscaping whatsoever. The only plant on the property was one lonely hydrangea. It is the same kind as the one you have by your porch. I've always been curious about it, since other hydrangeas I've purchased since are different.

I sure enjoyed your pictures!

• susaninnorthga
    Original Author
    13 years ago

What incredible pictures. It is such a joy to view everyone's glorious flowers. Thanks to all.
    Susan.

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    13 years ago

eagertopaint,

Do you add aluminum sulfate to your hydrangeas? If so, how much and how often? The color is stunning!

Carol

• eagertopaint
    13 years ago

bagsmom, thank you for the nice compliments on my hydrangeas...what a coincidence that we have the same lily and hydrangea. Great minds think alike!!ha
    As for the name of the big hydrangea, I think it may be Nikko Blue, but am not 100% certain of the name. I have had that hydrangea for several years. I have moved 3 times and each time, that hydrangea has been dug up and taken with me..When I first moved to my present home 3 years ago, there was not one decent plant in the yard.

love the yard....I don't add anything to my hydrangeas, but just let Mother Nature take its course...I do miracle gro them in the early spring and periodically during the summer... this has been a great year for hydrangeas...

I loved everyone's pictures..

• bagsmom
    13 years ago

Vroomp -- what variety of lacecap is that? Wow!

Eagertopaint -- thanks for the name of the blue hydrangea -- I'll check it out!

I'm hoping to get outside today, but weatherman says rain. I don't see it on the radar..... I guess we'll see!!!!

:)

• trivedi_south
    13 years ago

I have pink and purple/blue on same plant.
    {{gwi:825290}}From Plants 2010

• vroomp
    13 years ago

It began as one of those variagated Hydrangeas so I am not sure. It has reverted back to it's original form now.

Sponsored