Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Worms Crawling All Over House!!!!

Posted by gglass1 z5 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 1, 05 at 21:01

Hi all.....Whenever we get an abundance of rain, like this week....I have worms, and I mean lots of them.... crawling all over the outside of my house....they are small in size and everywhere....Anyone experience this problem??? Any solutions?? When it stops raining they will "disapear" but during wet spells it really is kinda yukky.(sorry, worm lovers...LOL)...I'd appreciate any ideas.....

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Worms Crawling All Over House!!!!

Worms or caterpillars? I doubt worms could climb on a house can they? I do know that when the soil gets saturated worms have to come out or they will drown, but I didn't knwo they can climb. After the rain stops my daughter and I like to go around and rescue the ones stranded on the sidewalks and driveways before they bake in the sun.

Here is a link that might be useful: caterpillar id

o
RE: Worms Crawling All Over House!!!!

Worms and millipedes do that during periods of heavy rain fall. If you've got flowered beds around the house that you keep heavliy mulched you'll see a lot of this.

Worms are less of a problem than millipededes. Worms will leave when it drys up. Like a bad relative, Millipedes may very well decide they like it on or in your house and stay.

When I had a basement, I had a bad millipede problem there. I'm starting to see a lot of them on the porches here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here