Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kathy_bochonko

Anyone grow Lithodora 'Grace Ward'

Kathy Bochonko
18 years ago

Okay I bought a total impulse plant at No Longer Bound today that I knew nothing about. It just looked so pretty with that dark green foliage and bright blue flowers. (Oh man do I sound like a novice or what?) Yes I know not to do that, but I figured once in a while it is okay, so now that I am reading about it I have read it isn't a great plant for the south. Does anyone grow it and where/how do you recommend I plant it. I was thinking of it for one of 2 places, one is my rock garden which gets a ton of run-off rain water during rainy periods but is in full baking sun all day all year. It is sloped and mulched with pea gravel and egg rock. The other is around the base of some fairy roses adjacent to my new flagstone path where I have just planted some other groundcovers such as thymes and various bluestar creeper (around the path, but not at the base of the roses.) The area around the fairy roses will receive more supplemental water in the summer months and less run off from rain so may be less extreme when it comes to water conditions.

Any thoughts? What is going to keep this pretty little groundcover happy?

Comments (8)

Sponsored