Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
getting rid of mimosa trees?

Posted by mk87 7b/8a (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 9, 08 at 7:27

A friend once told me there was something called "Remedy" that would kill them, but said it was hard to find. He must've been right because I haven't seen any. Can anyone corroborate this, regarding "Remedy;" and, if so, do you know where to get some? Or, I would appreciate any other suggestions for getting rid of them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: getting rid of mimosa trees?

Remedy does a good job on mimosa and a lot of other weedy trees. The active ingredient is triclopyr. Some brush killer contains triclopyr and comes in pints and quarts. I buy Remedy by the gallon for about $100. I mix one quart Remedy and three quarts diesel fuel which is about the same percentage as the small bottles. Use it as a hack and squirt application or just brush it on the trunk of a small smooth bark tree or mix according to the label and spray over the top. You can get Remedy from Southern States co-op store and other farm supply stores.

Ichabod

o
RE: getting rid of mimosa trees?

• Posted by mk87 7b/8a (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 9, 08 at 8:43

Thanks ichabod! I will check around some farm supply places. Good to know someone else has had success with this.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here