Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janen_gw

Good Seed & Feed Store in Atlanta Area

janen
17 years ago

Does anyone know of a GOOD seed and feed store in the Atlanta area where I could get things like alfalfa pellets/meal, cottonseed meal, bone meal, milorganite, fish meal, and stuff like that? Thanks for your help.

Comments (10)

• quirkyquercus
    17 years ago

You can find alfalfa pellets at tractor supply co. You can find milorganite ant any home depot. Same with bone and fishmeal in small boxes. What you probably wont find is soybean meal, cornmeal (That isn't used for baking), and corn gluten meal. But no, I do not know of a good feed store that even knows what any of that stuff is.

Try going to agway.com and doing a locator search. At least that will give you some places to call.

• girlgroupgirl
    17 years ago

There is a great feed & seed in Atlanta!
    Standard Feed & Seed:
    2339 Brannen Road Southeast, Atlanta, GA 30316

You can not get the corn gluten as meal, you need to buy it pelletized and it will break down sufficiently with some rain. I used it. It's working great. They have various sized bags of alfalfa, they also sell 3 sizes of grit which is good for a) moles/voles, b) rooting stuff c) rock gardening, troughs and plants that need exceptionally well drained, free running soil.

I have not asked about the rest of the stuff you are looking for. Another place to buy lots of really nice ammendments etc. is Atlantis Hydroponic Supply. They sell things like large bags of pearlite, large containers of fish and kelp fertilizers and a large variety of rooting hormones. There are three locations in Atlanta and one I think in Athens.

GGG

• janen
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks so much GGG!!! That's great. I can't wait to see what all they have. Thanks for the help.

• reneyda
    17 years ago

There is a seed and feed store in Lawrenceville called Coopers. They have a lot of the organics you are looking for at good prices. He will also order stuff if he does not have it in stock.

Here is a link that might be useful: cooper seed and feed

• quirkyquercus
    17 years ago

Hey reneyda... They do have a good selection and Lawrenceville is reasonably close. Thanks for telling us.
    Is it just an online store though because I didn't see an address anywhere on their website?

• janen
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks reneyda - that's just what I was looking for. Lawrenceville is "just up the road a ways". Good prices it seems too.

• reneyda
    17 years ago

They have a physical address here in Lawrenceville. Here's the address: 131 Eaton Street, Lawrenceville, GA 30045 and phone number: 770-963-2101. I live real close... come by and visit when you come to shop ;)

Here is a link that might be useful: map to Coopers

• janen
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks everyone for these good suggestions!

• raj99
    15 years ago

here is the web site.

http://www.cooperseeds.com/pages/organics/

Here is a link that might be useful: Cooper Seed store in Lawrenceville

• railroadrabbit
    15 years ago

I was at Coopers a few weeks ago and they were out of a couple of things I wanted. They told me to call before I go and they will be glad to check to be sure they have what I want in stock--or they can tell me when it will be in stock. If they don't have what you want they can probably get it for you. And they are very helpful and customer oriented.

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022