Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
yellow pear tomato question

Posted by blazepepper Auburn, GA 7b (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 1, 08 at 14:19

I purchased a yellow tomato plant from east village hardware this srpign. 1st of all, it is doing great and I absolutely love the tomatoes I'm getting from it. My question is, they were sold as yellow pear, but these tomatoes do not look like pictures of yellow pears i see on line. mine are much more solid and oval/plum shaped, and the pics i see on line are more pear shaped and almost translucent in color. Any Idea exactly what variety these are? I'd sure like to know so I can continue to grow them.
the plant is about 4 and 1/2 feet tall. thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: yellow pear tomato question

Um. Yeah. Me too.
Those are peppers I grew with Holy Comforter but sell at work. They were from a purchased package of "yellow pear tomato" seeds from Baker Creek!
I've never seen anything like them before, but I ate one and they are delicious. When mine fruits more I'll take a photo of it and ask on a tomato forum. Maybe we can get an ID!

GGG

o

Thanks GGG for the follow up, I'm sure enjoying this plant, right now I'm getting 2-4 ripe ones a day. They are just big enought to slice up nicely in a salad. I have see 2 green horned tomato worms on it, so they must like them as well. Let me know what you find, or when you take a pic of yours to compare. thanks

o

I've been a doing a little research online to see if I could find a tomatoe like ours GGG. So far, the closest I've found is a Fargo #5906 plant from tomatogrowers.com.
check this site and tell me what you think:
http://www.tomatogrowers.com/yellows.htm
I believe it is the 6th tomato from the top on the page.

o

just wanted to bump this one back up the order, GGG, have you had any luck trying to figure out what these bad boys are? Mine are really starting to go now, at least 4 or 5 bright yellowones every day or so. I can hardly keep up w/ eating them all. let me know

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here