Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
first crop of green beans

Posted by bmmalone 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 5, 08 at 15:08

first year I have tried to grow veggies. Just picked my first batch of green beans. Husband and son saw them, talked me into washing them and then just blanching them in boiling water for 45 seconds, salt and butter and they were gone in about a minute! Tasted to good. Now I have to see what veggies I have left in the refrigerator to go with the chicken I am cooking!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: first crop of green beans

i'm right there with you - first year growing beans - think we'll do haricot verts next year, maybe start them in late summer? also just pulled my first two tomatoes - these were marked as "Mortgage lifter", but clearly look like yellow tomatoes to me :)

o

Sat. I am not sure if the French bean does well here. I haven't tried it yet because they are not as drought tolerant or as heat tolerant as regular old green beans. Lemme ask someone at the Farmers Market on Thurs. what they recommend...

I have been eating TOMATOES fresh from the garden. My beans are not in yet as I planted them so late...when I rip out the last of the lettuce later this week I will add more beans. The cherokee purple are so good with this new "mayo" I got..Miso Mayo. It's salty and delicious on a toasted tomato sandwich!

GGG

o

add some arugula to that sandwich and i'm game ;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here