Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tree Clearance Sale Gainesville

Posted by karyl7b (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 25, 12 at 17:15

Kinsey Family Farm in Gainsville has some very nice natives on clearance for anyone who may be interested. See:
Plant Sale Gainesville

I can speak for the following:

Serviceberry 'Autumn Brilliance' & 'Princess Diana' - 3 gal $10. Not that easy to find. I have two, they are outstanding. I will be buying more. This is an excellent bird plant!!

Dwarf Weeping River Birch 'Summer Cascade' 3 gal $10 and 7 gal $14. I have one of these. Love it. Mine is young but already weeping and the bark has begun to peel - lovely front yard tree. This alone is worth the trip IMO.

Riverbirch 'City Slicker' - 7 gallon for $10. I also grow this and the bark is truly white. It is borer resistant like a river birch though.

Eastern Redbud 'Forest Pansy' - 7 gallon for $10. Easy to grow, purple leaf cultivar. Give it some shade and it will be happy.

All of these are quite healthy plants, they are just over stocked. They have other trees on sale but I am all about the natives so wanted to share. It's a great deal.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tree Clearance Sale Gainesville

Thanks, Karyl,

Not good timing for me, but you've reminded me to def check out the Kinsey Family Farm. I am going to plant some trees this fall, for sure. Don't have serviceberry yet, placing at the top of my list.

Rosie, Sugar Hill

o
RE: Tree Clearance Sale Gainesville

Serviceberry is a good tree. Mine have always done extremely well here and they can handle some shade. I have 'Autumn Brilliance' but have grown the royal family series, including Diana. I plan on getting a Diana to ensure pollination on the AB but haven't gotten to the nursery yet. Birds love it. Fall color is stunning - my AB last fall:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here