Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good company to remove English ivy/ poison ivy/ kudzu mess?

Posted by esthermgr (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 20, 07 at 17:20

Anybody know a good company in the Atl area that I could hire to remove a patch of English ivy in my front yard that now has poison ivy and kudzu all tangled up in it? My neighbors have just picked up random day laborers to do theirs, but I don't really feel comfortable doing that.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good company to remove English ivy/ poison ivy/ kudzu mess?

What part of town are you in?

o

We're in Ashford Park, between Buckhead and Chamblee.

o

Have you found anyone yet? Established Kudzu requires removal of the large Tubers it produces to keep it from returning. This sometimes requires a bit of digging and with many underground utilities a dig permit and utilities location may be required, if it's in the front of your home. This permit is provided free by the utilities companies engineering group upon telephone request. Without it, any damage to utilities(even your own cable tv line if you're with Comcast) could cost you quite a bit of money. I am always in the Buckhead area and would be happy to look at it for you. I have lots of guys that work for me that look for weekend work like this.

o

Vroomp can take it. I would have taken a look at it if you were closer to me.

o

Vroomp,

You could come by this weekend or any evening this week to take a look at it. It's mostly English ivy, but some kudzu has gotten mixed in in the last two seasons. Also some poison ivy. Email me at eamoody@emory.edu to set a time to come by. Do you run a landscaping company or something similar?

o

You can rent a goat to eat all of it! I had considered renting out my goat for just that reason. (Someone dropped off this goat...as I live in the country.)

Doesn't round up work? I have the same problem and would love to kill the poison ivy so I can pick up all the fallen trees without going to the doctor for steroids!

o

Seriously- do goats eat ivy and poison ivy and kudzu? If so, I would love to have a goat come eat it all- and leave me all those fertlizer droppings in its place. I know there's a goat farm off Huff Rd near Howell Mill. Maybe they would lend me a few goats for a day or two...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here