Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fall In July

Posted by gaalan z8 Atlanta (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 18, 09 at 18:54

This was one of the best days we will ever see in July! Very low humidity, breezy all day, just perfect! I didn't break a sweat the entire day. There should be a lot of record lows tomorrow morning.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fall In July

It is amazing. I have the windows open and the AC off! We got lots of yard stuff done to day. It was hot in the sun, but not too bad.

o

I agree - a wonderful day. I only wish I'd spent time in the yard ... spent too much time on errands! But I'll be out there in the morning.

o

Supposed to get down to 59 tonight here in Newnan. After trying all week to get out and do something, and finally giving in to the fact that I'm probably too old, I was heartened to realize that it wasn't me --- it was the heat and humidity. Got a streak this afternoon and actually planted something without sweating! Will definitely be out there tomorrow. You think I'll be forgiven if I forego church for garden tomorrow? Please, Lord???

o

Its almost cold! 58.4 here, fantastic!!!

o

I am not a summer person anyway. My husband has been making fun of me for being ready for Fall! This has sent me over the edge! I'm ready to bring out the scarecrows and pumpkins! Pumpkin spice latte from Starbuck's!!!!!! Watch -- October will have 90 degree weather.
Hey -- sort of off-topic here.... I read on Kirk Mellish's weather blog that we are supposed to have an El Nino Fall/Winter this year. What does that translate to in terms of wintery weather? Every year, I hope in vain for some snow!
OK - I am all duded up in my garden clothes and going outside! Wooohooo!

o

I am in the NE corner of Ga. and this morning (Sun.) it was 50 degrees. Saturday morning 55. This is unusual but nice.
josieoh-05

o

Enjoy while it lasts.
Calendarwise, we have 2 more months of summer.
Naturewise, here in GA , probably we have about the same. I am told that sometimes August can be the hottest month. I hope not this year. I am getting ready for fall gardening.

o

Actually September can be very hot and October is usually dry - what fun months to look forward to.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here