Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New GNPS Chapter forming

Posted by esh_ga z7 GA (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 08 at 8:55

A group of Georgia Native Plant Society (GNPS) members are in the process of forming a new GNPS chapter:

"Folks from the following counties have expressed an interest in being part of this chapter: Carroll, Paulding, Douglas, Haralson, Heard and Coweta. However, the chapter would be open to anyone interested."

There will be an organization meeting in Carrollton on September 23rd.

For more information and to fill out a survey indicating your interest, please see the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: GNPS link

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New GNPS Chapter forming

esh_
There was once a Coastal Chapter, headquartered in Statesboro, but haven't heard from them in several years and can't find their website.
Do you know if they still active?
They used to have some great field trips in the coastal area.

o
RE: New GNPS Chapter forming

I know there was a coastal chapter of the Georgia Botanical Society but I don't know if it is still around. GA BotSoc has field trips all over the state.

Here is a link that might be useful: GA BotSoc's 2008 field trips

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here