Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
natalie4b

Spring flowering bulbs

natalie4b
15 years ago

Have you seen any in local nurseries? I usually get them in Pikes, HD, Lowe's, Walmart. It might be too early yet, but based on a last year arrival there must be` coming to stores at about this time.

I am so excited about planting again!

~Natalie

Comments (4)

• vicki7
    15 years ago

I am so excited about planting again!
    ~Natalie

Me too, Natalie! I think it may be a little early yet to see them in stores, but it should be soon. This past week, I've spotted several places I want to plant some this fall. Especially among my irises and under shrubs that are not evergreen. Then when the shrubs leaf out, they will help hide the dying foliage.

• girlgroupgirl
    15 years ago

It's too early.
    You should ask if the bulbs have been pre-chilled if you are buying tulips and daffs. We are just ordering where I work and it will be several weeks before they come in. I normally plant my own in November.

• natalie4b
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Pike's in Roswell just had a shipment last night I was told, so today I came home with bags of fresh looking gorgeous bulbs! I know HD and Lowes are cheaper, but my impatience took the best of me, so...
    I forgive myself :-).

• natalie4b
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I always place my bulbs in a fridge and keep them there till November. Thanksgiving in my usual planting time.
    I don't know if they pre-chill bulbs - so just in case I do it myself.

Sponsored