Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for compost worms in Atlanta

Posted by adrianag AL z7 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 11, 10 at 13:52

Can a fellow vermicomposter spare some red wigglers? I just moved to Atlanta and had to leave all of my worms behind.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for compost worms in Atlanta

where are you located? i'm getting ready to use my compost, and it's loaded with worms and a load of black soldier fly larvae. I can spare a 1gal pot or more if you're close enough.

o

Thank you! I'm in mid-town but can come get them...I'll be going to Athens on Sunday, if it's anywhere en-route I can come by.

o

i'm south of you. work in midtown, live on the southeast corner of grant park. email me through my profile, happy to help out.

o

Herron Farms in Dawsonville does give away some Free for kids, but has great prices on red worms, 1/4 pound of pure worms no dirt or other bugs, 9.00, 1/2 pound for 14.00.

Here is a link that might be useful: Herron Farms

o

Still haven't heard anything. Sometimes the mail function of the site can be sketchy. My friend next door took some in to the school she teaches at and we've donated some out to other schools to get all of their piles started and get some crawlers... still got some left!!!

o

You can also get loads of worms in the West End from Rashid Nuri at Truly Living Well.

o

try findworms.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Herron Farms

o

Tell me a bout Truly Living Well, please!

I'm already headed to Grant Park this weekend for my babies, but any business that "stocks" worms is one I need to know about. What else do they carry?

o

Truly Living Well is an urban farm, so it doesn't really stock anything but food...but Rasheed has TONS of red wigglers in the worm composting area that neighborhood children help volunteer to care for. http://www.trulylivingwell.com/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here