Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
esh_ga

What beautiful weather!

Iris GW
14 years ago

If I could find a place with weather like this year round, I'd move there! Isn't this wonderful?

Unfortunately I have to work during the day, but I got a lot of yard work done on Sunday. At least I can enjoy some long, cool walks at night.

What are you doing in the garden to take advantage of this? If you're tidying up perennials, don't forget to leave some seed heads for the birds. I love watching the goldfinches eat the seeds on my salvia, right outside the front door (cats like watching that too!).

Comments (7)

• mayland
    14 years ago

Yes, its really gorgeous, and very difficult to stay in my office (without a window!) all day.

We also did a lot of gardening on Sunday. We planted everything we had bought recently that had been sitting out in pots -- several shrubs and some perennials. It looked like a lot of things, but we still have a lot of gaps!

I need to prune some shrubs, and cut back some perennials. I had several Rudbeckia hirtas, which have turned rather ugly after flowering, so I think I'll just cut them to the ground. I'm not sure if they'll be perennial here.

My echinaceas are looking super at the moment (purple and white). I grew them from seed (wintersowing) and will definitely be growing some more this winter.

Aren't there some parts of California where the weather is always like this?!

• wrager
    14 years ago

San Diego maybe? I'm waiting for my back yard to dry out as it was under 7 feet of water last week. At least the house stayed dry.

• GAAlan
    14 years ago

Yessiree, some classic fall weather! A fella could get used to this. Cut my yard today and did some post flood cleanup. I've got several Camellias blooming(Tanya, Apple Blossom, Snow Flurry, C. sinensis 'Rosea') that all started last week of September. These same plants didn't start blooming last year till the last week of October!

• lucyatlanta
    14 years ago

Yes, this weather is awesome -- definitely my favorite time of year. I hope to work in the yard this weekend to start cleaning things up and just look up at the sky!

• girlgroupgirl
    14 years ago

This is San Francisco weather (most of San Diego is much warmer most of the time. From warm to blistering hot usually, depending on what part of the city - there are tons of various climactic zones there).

Gorgeous. Finally able to get out there and do the "heavy stuff" that has been needing to be done!

• shot
    14 years ago

Love this weather! Coldest I have ever been was in San Fran & the nicest weather I have been in was in San Diego. I was in a fighter squadron and Miramar NAS (San Diego) before it was known as the top gun school. We deployed aboard the USS Midway out of Alameda near San Franciso.

It is rainy today (Mon) and I love it too.

Hi ESH.

Shot

• Iris GW
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi, Shot! Good to hear from you. Weather is still pretty nice, even despite today's rain. I just planted two trees, a hawthorn and a crabapple, and I know they are loving this rainy cool weather while they get settled in.

On to the pansies!

Sponsored