2009 Fall plant swap

natalie4b
14 years ago

Are we going to have one this year?

~Natalie

Comments (16)

• ogremom
    14 years ago

I'm ALWAYS interested in swapping plants and seeds. When and where has this been held in the past?

• pam_3
    14 years ago

I'm always interested, too. I actually have a few things already potted up.

• bmmalone
    14 years ago

I have so much going on at the moment my garden is being neglected so I doubt if I could host a plant swap at this time. I am not even sure I could get anything ready for a plant swap!

• girlgroupgirl
    14 years ago

Me either. I plan to do this once again...I hope maybe in the spring...(but spring can be insane too).
    We've gotten so much done! Our land is ready for planting however I still have a lot of terracing and raised beds to build (frankly, I have everything to build) and patios to go in, kitchens to make, fences to errect...but maybe by spring I'll be there :) I'd love to have you all come and see how you can make a mountain out of a mole hill (well, in our case, mole hole).

GGG

• rosiew
    14 years ago

What do y'all think of members just offering plants to swap or give away? I want to find homes for a bunch of my beloved verbena bonariensis.

Rosie, in Sugar Hill

• bmmalone
    14 years ago

Rosie
    I like that idea! I actually went out into the garden yesterday and it is still so wet out there, but I do need to move/give away many plants. Maybe if people can't meet then we could use the boxes provided by USPS - they are around $8 each and are not weight restricted. On the other hand the spring and fall plant trades are such fun.

• pam_3
    14 years ago

Hey Barbara, I don't suppose you still have some mazus that you'd like to share. Or if anyone has purple ajuga or blue star creeper. I probably should put this on the trade page. :)

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    14 years ago

Hope it's alright if I post an invitation here for anyone interested in coming to the East Tennessee Plant Swap (in Knoxville this time) this weekend. It wouldn't be all that far for someone in north GA. If anyone is interested, they can get details at www.easttnplantswap.com or by emailing me.

Here is a link that might be useful: EastTnPlantSwap.com

• ilikemud_2007
    14 years ago

I have a bunch of Agave that I potted up earlier this year.
    I have A.victoria regina and A. univitatta compacta.
    I actually want to sell them not trade.

Ann

• brandon7 TN_zone7
    14 years ago

...but you can't do that on here, and probably would need a nursery license to do so legally anyway.

• girlgroupgirl
    14 years ago

Ilikemudd,
    You can have a few driveway plant sales a year a la a yard sale. I've done it before. Or you can simply advertise in the Farmers and Consumers Market Bulletin. However our plant trades are always simply a trade, we never ask for any money for our plants at the swaps or trades.
    If you are consistently holding plants on your property for sale, you can easily apply for a Georgia license. It's cheap, you get inspected once a year and I have friends who hold the licenses.

GGG

• natalie4b
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Pam,
    I have ajuga. You are welcome to it!
    Natalie

• vroomp
    14 years ago

I have tons of Mexican Petunias and large Elephant Ears in Marietta for anyone that wants to come and get it.

• natalie4b
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have tons of Chrysanthemums Sheffield - pinkish mum with yellow center, very pretty. They are in bloom now all over the garden - so cheerful. I am in Roswell if you want some.

• rosiew
    14 years ago

Come to Sugar Hill to dig verbena bonariensis. I LOVE this plant. Please respond to my email shown after user name.

Including a link to info and pictures.

Here is a link that might be useful: Verbena bonariensis info and pics

• pam_3
    14 years ago

Hey Natalie, are you going to be home this weekend? (Sunday) I think we'll be visiting the inlaws, and I can pop by for some ajuga. I'll try to think if I have something I can bring you (I have a couple of hostas potted up, limelight artemesia, germander that needs a new home (looks bad, but should be fine), daylilies.)
    Pam

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21