Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Insured Tree Removal Cmp recommendations

Posted by vnginger z7 GA (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 3, 13 at 9:02

Is there a good INSURED & reasonable tree removal company that you would recommend?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Insured Tree Removal Cmp recommendations

I'll get the name from my neighbor. The company is in Gwinnett County, but I'm assuming will travel. They did a great job for neighbors and me last year.

Rosie, Sugar Hill

o

It depends on where you are located. I like Engram's in south Canton and I know they work in North Fulton, but not sure how far outside of that.

o

THanks ladies. Looking forward to getting info. Esh-ga, Canton might be too far from where I live. Thanks though.

o

We use Bartlett. They are not the least expensive but they are totally bonded and insured. Our arborist comes twice a year to check on our one remaining tree - he has been instrumental in helping watch our trees at least twice a year and when one was going out, he'd get the permits and get it down. Sadly, we have but one tree left, but he made sure that everything was done properly.

o

Haven't been able to locate name of Gwinnett County man. Please let me know if you want me to find it.

Rosie, in Sugar Hill

o

Thanks, GGG. THat's ok rosiew... I got a quote for $400 for one pine tree... as tall as as an adult leyland. Seems high? Thinking 300ish at most???

o

Depends on the circumstances. Can it be straight dropped? If so, that seems high. If it can't be dropped, then is it dead? If it is dead then it can't be climbed (too risky for breakage while the person is in it) and probably needs a bucket truck which means more $$.

o

Esh_ga -
It's next to a wrought iron fence & close to neighbor's driveway. It's in a bad spot. But I had another quote for 450. So I guess 400 is better. ;(

We bought a new house & didn't see this dead tree in the winter/early spring. It's also on the other side of the fence. Guess the previous owner didn't disclose? Shouldn't they be accountable? Hard to prove it died last year, heh?

o

Well for $400, not sure that you could get much going the route of proving they knew and should have disclosed. If it died during the winter then it is perhaps that they didn't know either.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here