Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vnginger

Insured Tree Removal Cmp recommendations

vnginger
10 years ago

Is there a good INSURED & reasonable tree removal company that you would recommend?

Comments (9)

• rosiew
    10 years ago

I'll get the name from my neighbor. The company is in Gwinnett County, but I'm assuming will travel. They did a great job for neighbors and me last year.

Rosie, Sugar Hill

• Iris GW
    10 years ago

It depends on where you are located. I like Engram's in south Canton and I know they work in North Fulton, but not sure how far outside of that.

• vnginger
    Original Author
    10 years ago

THanks ladies. Looking forward to getting info. Esh-ga, Canton might be too far from where I live. Thanks though.

• girlgroupgirl
    10 years ago

We use Bartlett. They are not the least expensive but they are totally bonded and insured. Our arborist comes twice a year to check on our one remaining tree - he has been instrumental in helping watch our trees at least twice a year and when one was going out, he'd get the permits and get it down. Sadly, we have but one tree left, but he made sure that everything was done properly.

• rosiew
    10 years ago

Haven't been able to locate name of Gwinnett County man. Please let me know if you want me to find it.

Rosie, in Sugar Hill

• vnginger
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, GGG. THat's ok rosiew... I got a quote for $400 for one pine tree... as tall as as an adult leyland. Seems high? Thinking 300ish at most???

• Iris GW
    10 years ago

Depends on the circumstances. Can it be straight dropped? If so, that seems high. If it can't be dropped, then is it dead? If it is dead then it can't be climbed (too risky for breakage while the person is in it) and probably needs a bucket truck which means more $$.

• vnginger
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Esh_ga -
    It's next to a wrought iron fence & close to neighbor's driveway. It's in a bad spot. But I had another quote for 450. So I guess 400 is better. ;(

We bought a new house & didn't see this dead tree in the winter/early spring. It's also on the other side of the fence. Guess the previous owner didn't disclose? Shouldn't they be accountable? Hard to prove it died last year, heh?

• Iris GW
    10 years ago

Well for $400, not sure that you could get much going the route of proving they knew and should have disclosed. If it died during the winter then it is perhaps that they didn't know either.

Sponsored
River Mill Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Delaware County's Customer Focused General Contractor