Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
? pruning a flowering quince

Posted by prettypetals GA 7 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 18, 09 at 9:24

I have two double peach flowering quince bushes that are kind of straggly. Can I hard prune them this winter and maybe they will get bushier? I am OK with it maybe not blooming next spring if it will make the bush bushier. Thanks, Judy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ? pruning a flowering quince

rejuvenation pruning can enhance the appearance of these shrubs and should cause the plant to become more dense or bushy. they prefer full sun and may become scraggly in shade. blooms on old wood.

o
RE: ? pruning a flowering quince

Thanks a bunch!! They are in a spot that gets sun just about all day so I think they get plenty of sun. They are a pretty shaped plant just not real full plus the blooms stay towards the middle of the plant. Gorgeous when it blooms though and its blooming some right now. Thanks again. Judy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here