Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow Daisy Festival & Flower Show

Posted by georgia-rose Z7/8 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 5, 08 at 10:29

As you know, it's Festival time at Stone Mountain Park, to celebrate the blooming of the Yellow Daisy, An annual member of the Aster Family, Helianthus(Viguiera) porteri, that grows in abundance around the park and on other granite outcroppings throughout the area.

If your plans include a visit to the Park this weekend, you are invited to our Flower Show at the Marina.
This is a Standard Flower Show, with entries in all categories and is judged for excellence.
Both Horticulture and Flower arrangements (Designs) are featured.

Hostesses are on duty to answer questions.
Hope you can visit with us!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow Daisy Festival & Flower Show

Moving this down.
Thought it would automatically do so. Guess not.

o

hi georgia rose. I am wanting some white daisies, my friend and I have looked all spring/summer for them. Someone gave me some years ago. When do these come out? And are they in seed form? TIA for any info .
Flower lover ga

o

Sorry, but I don't grow Daisies. Have never had an interest in them, but once had a neighbor that loved Gerberas and had plants all around in her garden. I haven't noticed any
white flowered ones available this year, at any of the nurseries I frequent. Your best bet would probably be ordering seed and grow your own or go to the Seed Exchange Forum and list your wants. If you have no seed to trade, you can often find someone that will send seed for a SASE.

The Oxeye Daisy is an introduced species and can sometimes be found in scattered locations across N GA.

Good luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Seed Exchange Forum

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here