Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garlic in Atlanta area

Posted by celeste 7a (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 30, 12 at 11:52

Does anyone have a source of garlic to grow here in the Atlanta area ... not the internet, but local? There must be some nursery that stocks this. Any info as to the best for success here would be great.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garlic in Atlanta area

Bumping.

I'd like to know too, Celeste. Don't remember if 'store bought' garlic can be divided into cloves and planted.

Rosie, Sugar Hill

o

Hi Rosie and Celeste,

I went up to Loganberry Farm in Cleveland, GA for the second year to buy local garlic. They hold a Garlic Fest every year and their locally grown garlic is $14/pound. They have 6 or 8 varieties and I've been really happy with it. The farm is open on Saturdays until 3pm until sometime in mid-October.

If you go, plan to pick up some other wonderful locally grown goodies - winter squash, southern peas, honey, sorgum... etc. No interest other than being an enthusiastic customer!

Cindy

Here is a link that might be useful: Loganberry Heritage Farm

o

Loganberry Farm sounds like a great place to visit. Thanks for sharing, Cindy. I'd love to go to the Garlic Fest next year. Maybe you could remind us?????

Have you planted any of their garlic at home?

Rosie

o

I bought some garlic at Lowes last fall to plant. Also some onion sets.

In past, I have also divided cloves from the grocery and planted with success. Buy the largest ones you can find for better plants.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here