Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help identify these shrubs

Posted by rashafaa 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 21, 13 at 13:11

Good Morning,

I just moved to Georgia from Arizona and am trying to help identify the plants in my yard. Please see below. I'm curious about the Christmas tree looking bush, the green and yellow bush and the huge bush. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help identify these shrubs

Close up

o

another

o

another closeup

o

The low growing christmas-tree looking thing is a form of chinese juniper. Cultivars come in many different heights and even forms, from groundcovers to tree forms.

The yellow bush is probably a non-native Euonymus.

The big green one appears to be a Cleyera japonica, also non-native.

o

Just a quick tip: take pictures using your phone in the *landscape* mode (turn phone sideways, long side down) with the bottom of the phone to your right and you will never have orientation issues.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here