Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faeriegardenmum

Can we talk Sheffield mums and creeping verbena?

I know I have not been around. Sorry I was not able to follow up on the Spring swap and get/bring my plants. Just crazy, working like a fool on our huge landscape project.

I have been pulling and moving the Sheffield Mums I got at last year's swap, filling in holes elswhere. I did not see them bloom last year, and have been trying to find out more about them, not even sure what the color will really be. I am counting on the Salmon pink, is that light or dark? I think they came from Ellen. I did not realize how prolific and spreading they are. I am not sure if I should be excited or scared of the maintainence. They are going to pop soon. I planted some with the Sunny Knockouts, and Rose Creek Abiela, just plugged in a few scraggly little discount victoria blue salvia(no color yet), and some of my Black scallop Ajuga. Now I realize there will be real no contrast at all, between all the bigger plants, any suggestions for some striking high contrast, maybe bronze, purple, orange, or rusty, fall colored flowers or leaves .... (just not red flowers)? This in on either side of the driveway, not symmetrical (only the shape) or mirrored plantings. Also some little soft holly in there, and a tree Nellie R. Stevens on just one side, with a bright pink mandevilla on the mailbox. Maybe some sweetspire? The great wall garden is coming along, it's still a huge undertaking. I planted some purple verbenas in my upper border with my herbs and blueberries, definately getting them out of there, they took over. Will I successfully be able to move them now, do they just spread, or reseed also? What else could I put in there for contrast, without the invasive habit?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012