Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pruning Fig Trees

Posted by winter_flurry Zone 7 Ga (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 4, 09 at 15:40

Greetings and I have 2 big Fig Trees next to rhe deck here. Whern are you supposed to Prune those? Just asking and they came with the house when it was bought.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pruning Fig Trees

If the fig's have outgrown their location and you wish to bring them down to a more manageable size read over the linked thread. There is also an older UGA fact sheet with some info about pruning figs which you can find by doing a Google search on "figs uga".

But to answer your question, you will want to prune these in late winter, say the last of February.

Here is a link that might be useful: Turn A Fig Tree Into A Fig Bush

o

Thank you.

o

Are there any figs on these tress? I am looking for a few gallons of figs to put up for winter. I did nine pints a few weeks ago but, am down to two left after family scarfed them up during our holiday weekend this past week.

o

There might be and I will have to look.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here