Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Plumerias

Posted by ricky_23 (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 8, 13 at 16:12

Any one interested in obtaining plumeria cuttings or plants? It is getting close to time to bring mine in and will have to cut them back to fit in the house. The plants I am trying to get rid of are about 6-7 foot tall. There are 3 colors -pink, yellow, red orange ( bi colored). Free to anyone willing to come pick them up in October.
rgallman23@gmail.com

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Plumerias

Do you plant them in pots (how big of pots) and move them in and out during the summer? Do they bloom during the summer? I am interested but wondering how much work this will be and what rewards-blooms. I bought bamboo orchids and tuberose in Hawaii in January and they are still alive but have not had any flowers :c(.

o

I plant them in the ground and in pots. They need well drained soil . You do bring them in in the winter, but you can just dig them up, put the roots in a bag and let them stand in a corner of a basement or garage ( as long as the temp stays above 40 degrees) and wait til spring and replant them. The Plants are beautiful with or without flowers, but the blooms are really what you want. By the way, I live in the Marietta area of Georgia.

o

How big do they get? They would have to live in the sun room with all the other things I bring in during the winter.

o

Hello,
I would love to take home a cutting or two. (Especially the orange bi-colored one). Please tell me when I should come, and where you are located.
Thanks,
attila

o

The plants will get as large as you let them. Some up to 30', but don't expect that with these. When you bring them in during the winter, you put them to bed. In a dark basement, garage, closet, or just in the corner of a bed room to hang your socks on. The do best in a dark room though. You don't water or feed while they are sleeping. Just be sure the temp doesn't drop below 40 degrees. Also they don't need to be in pots either, just put the roots in a trash bag ( especially if you plan to put them in the ground.

o

A newbie to this ... Would love cuttings of plumeria. Let me know
If you still have them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here