Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Identification help please Let's try this again

Posted by ccl38 8A Savannah, GA (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 4, 09 at 20:38

This is grown as a large pot plant. It overwinters outdoors in Savannah. The stems are woody, the leaves are long and segmented. In the spring there are tiny white blossoms that come out at the joint segments. This summer leaves have come out along the leaf segments. I will post a couple of pictures. Maybe someone can help me identify this plant.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Identification help please Let's try this again

I tried to answer this yesterday, and it got "eaten" somehow..... weird.

Unfortunately, my answer wasn't helpful at all. I was just going to say that I thought you posted this before and that someone had answered it. Was their answer incorrect?

My next thought is to perhaps take a cutting to your garden center. I have done this a few times at Pike's -- and always got a good, knowledgeable answer. I would try that!!!!!

Good luck!

o

• Posted by ccl38 8A Savannah, GA (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 6, 09 at 9:36

Garden center might be my only hope. I did post it before but someone else piggybacked my post and his got identified and mine didn't. That's why I reposted with more photos and information.

o

As someone has suggested, in the other thread, the segment leaves pattern and flowers coming out of the joints, indicate that this plant is probably related to xmas cactus.

o

• Posted by brandon7 6b (like 7b now) TN (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 11, 09 at 15:49

Have you tried posting your pics in the
Name That Plant! Forum

and/or the
Cacti & Succulents Forum
?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here