Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tulipsorbust

Off Topic - Gas Available - 9:00 PM Thurs Sept 25

tulipsorbust
15 years ago

Gas currently at Shell station in NW Atlanta, at intersection of Powers Ferry Rd and the southern 120 loop. Hubby's there now filling up. Not sure how to get this disseminated further - where else can I post this? It was a real struggle to find it and I want to help others.

Comments (2)

• razorback33
    15 years ago

You can post the name, location and price on atlantagasprices.com
    Personally, I wouldn't tell anyone who has or doesn't have gasoline. The news media has done a horrific job exploiting the recent shortage, so much so that the public has become paranoid about running out of gas and will stop at any station with gas, to top off their tanks, thereby exacerbating the problem.
    Did you know that you can still buy gas in Temple, GA for $3.57/gal., while in Kennesaw, it as high as $4.59/gal?
    I haven't experienced a problem finding gasoline. Occasionally, when a station reduces their price, there will be a run and they deplete their tanks for a few hours.
    Be careful of getting scammed by some station operators. News media reported yesterday that the station they were reporting from only had mid-grade available. Well, guess what friends, in order to sell mid-grade, they had to have regular AND premium in their tanks, because those two grades are mixed in their pumps to produce mid-grade! That is unless, they had only regular and were selling it as mid-grade. at a 15-20¢/gal. boost in price!
    The average price of gas in metro Atlanta today, is 40¢/gal. above the national average.
    Gasoline shortage? I think not! Greed? Believe it!
    Rb

• Iris GW
    15 years ago

Yeah, I recommend using the web site that Rb posted. I go there and look to see if anyone posted a price for the day on which I'm looking (so for today, Friday, I would make sure someone had posted a price on Friday). If they did, it's possible that place still has gas.

The places around me run out on a regular basis but then get gas again in the next day or so. I haven't had to get gas since the weekend, but I try not to pay more than 3.99 if I can help it - I don't want to reward gouging.

Given the price of gas being offered in other parts of the country (my mom paid $3.67 in California!), I think even 3.99 is gouging to some extent. Someone is charging more just because the supply is low not because it is costing them more to make it (in my opinion).

They keep saying it will be better in a week ... in a week ... they said that last week.

Sponsored