Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Echinacea tennesseensis 'Rocky Top'

Posted by chezron 7bish (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 7, 08 at 21:12

Do any of you grow this coneflower (Echinacea tennesseensis 'Rocky Top'? I have been a little put off by coneflowers because they never seem to thrive, even with good drainage. Every year their numbers dwindle in my garden, they get unsightly diseases, and their flower colors are never as vibrant as when they are first purchased. I am hoping this southeastern native will be more happy in our climate. Do you have any words of experience? Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Echinacea tennesseensis 'Rocky Top'

I've been very impressed so far with the Echinacea tennesseensis hybrid 'Pixie Meadowbrite' this year. It has a smaller stature than 'Rocky Top'or the species and it has been in non-stop bloom all summer. That's not a bad show for plants I got off the 25 cent clearance rack last fall! Normally, they cost more like 16.00 a piece but they looked ragged and no one was buying anything due to the drought so I got a deal. You can check out the link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: 'Pixie Meadowbrite'

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here