Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Frost tuesday, YIKES

Posted by rjinga middle ga, zone 8 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 19, 09 at 6:40

Looks like it only got to 38 last night (or now) so no frost, but I just saw this

Frost Advisory for Houston, GA
from 4 am EDT, Tue., Oct. 20, 2009 until 9 am EDT, Tue., Oct. 20, 2009

Local Temperature
Updated 19 Oct 2009 6:05 am Local Time

Issued by The National Weather Service
Atlanta, GA
4:48 am EDT, Mon., Oct. 19, 2009

... FROST ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM TO 9 AM EDT TUESDAY...

AN UNSEASONABLY COLD CANADIAN AIR MASS WAS SETTLING ACROSS THE SOUTHEAST U.S. EARLY THIS MORNING. THIS HIGH PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL ONLY DRIFT VERY SLOWLY EAST THROUGH WEDNESDAY... WHILE MODIFYING. MINIMUM TEMPERATURES OF 33 TO 36 DEGREES ARE EXPECTED TUESDAY MORNING... SUPPORTING WIDESPREAD FROST... EXCEPT FOR PATCHY FROST IN MORE POPULATED URBAN AREAS.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A FROST ADVISORY MEANS THAT FROST IS POSSIBLE. SENSITIVE OUTDOOR PLANTS MAY BE KILLED IF LEFT UNCOVERED.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Frost tuesday, YIKES

We had a light frost here last night... some areas of our grass were white and sparkly. I live in north Gwinnett.

o

• Posted by rjinga middle ga, zone 8 (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 19, 09 at 18:57

covering with sheets is that sufficient? It actually doesnt say we will have temps that low on weather.com, so I dont know what I should do.

I guess better safe than sorry?

how would eggplant fare with frost?

o

Well, I didn't want to gamble, so I put sheets on everything, even though it seemed to be getting warmer....now Weather Underground is calling for a low of 45.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here