Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
plant sale in gwinnett next week

Posted by rosiew 8 GA (rosemarywalsh@bellsouth.net) on
Fri, Oct 12, 12 at 7:51

Just read this in the Gwinnett Forum. Sale is Tuesday - Thursday next week. I'm going! How about some of you?

Gwinnett Tech offering annual community plant sale soon
Gwinnett Technical College's Environmental Horticulture program is hosting its annual community plant sale October 16 - 18, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., in the campus greenhouse near Building 600.

"We had such a great response to our expanded sale last year that we are again hosting the sale for three full days. We have a great selection, including flats of annuals for fall planting and fall herbs and vegetables," says Aaron Poulsen, program director, Environmental Horticulture at Gwinnett Tech.

The Gwinnett Tech Environmental Horticulture program holds a community plant sale annually to sell to the community the plants the students have grown. Offered at the sale will be:
Fall annuals: pansies, violas and snapdragons at $10 per flat;
Vegetables: romaine lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, Napa cabbage, bok choy;
Herbs: rosemary, cilantro, parsley and sage;
And�..Daphne odora, Beautyberry; Pink Stardust Magnolias; Confederate Jasmine; Winter Honeysuckle; Southern Shield Ferns; Holly Ferns; Crape myrtles (Plum Magic, Pocomoke, Pink Velour); Rudbeckia; Swamp Sunflower; Sedum 'Neon'; Oakleaf Hydrangeas; Spiraea (Goldmound, Fujino Pink); and Ornamental Grasses (Pink Muhly, Sweet Flag, Variegated Miscanthus).
The GTC greenhouse is located adjacent to Building 600 on the Gwinnett Tech campus, 5150 Sugarloaf Parkway, Lawrenceville

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: plant sale in gwinnett next week

I live off of 316,very close to gwinnett tech and wished I would have heard about this. I am new to gardening and new to GW and that would have been nice to get alittle kick-start. Although I am finding myself to be more of a seed starter. Thanks and I hope I can attend the next one.

o
RE: plant sale in gwinnett next week

Welcome, Michael. GW will be a very good way to further your learning. And I'd guess you could visit the school if you can find time.

This forum has been quiet lately. Keep checking in though. You might really like the Winter Sowing Forum too. Send me an email - depending on your 'wants' I may have some things to share with you. BTW, completely forgot about the sale! Shame on me.

Rosie, in Sugar Hill

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here