Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sugarbakers_gw

Where to find Blueberry Bushes Atlanta

sugarbakers
14 years ago

We just bought a new house, and I'd love to get some blueberry bushes in the ground, asap. Do you think it is too late to get them in this fall?

Also, can you tell me where I can find some in the Northern ITP or South Gwinnett area?

Thanks!

Comments (10)

• rjinga
    14 years ago

Look on the farmers market bulletin, google it, they have an online site. there are always people selling plants like that there and many of them will ship or they may be close enough to you to pick up.

• doravilledawg
    14 years ago

I saw some at Home Depot recently. I think the one off of Sidney Marcus. If not that one it was the one near Dundwoody off of Peachtree Ind North. They were about $24 each. I just bought some last month from the Fernbank plant sale for $20 each.

• natalie4b
    14 years ago

Bought and planted some about a month ago from Pikes in Roswell. Very healthy, and doing wonderfully!

• ilikemud_2007
    14 years ago

I saw some at Bannister Creek in Duluth - they looked beautiful

• satellitehead
    14 years ago

i got a great variety from Pike nursery on Roswell road. they had about 8 different varieties, 3-5 gal pots. reasonable prices. make sure you know whether the plants you buy are early, mid, or late ripe. there are differences, and you want to make sure they're blooming in pairs.

• rosajoe_gw
    14 years ago

I ordered mine online from Willis Nursery. I planted the 2' tall in pots to replant in the ground this year. I do not have a nursery close to me and the ones I bought at Lowe's the year before did not do well.
    They are healthly and had blueberries the first year. Willis has a 1 year return and replace policy.
    Rosa

• satellitehead
    14 years ago

with regard to what Rosa said - definitely avoid the blueberries-in-a-box (usually a twig) that they sell at local hardware stores. definitely not worth it.

last year, Home Depot had a few varieties available in 3gal-5gal pots. they were reasonably priced. Most places around Atlanta seem to always have Climax as one variety, and Climax is a really good pollinator for other blueberries. tifblue, centurion and woodard seem to be three other varieties I saw a lot of.

• Iris GW
    14 years ago

I went by Autumn Hill Nursery today and they have a sign outside that says they have blueberry bushes. They are in Woodstock, but close to Roswell/Crabapple.

• esthermgr
    14 years ago

I've gotten very healthy and well-priced bushes at Durough Nursery near the Hindu Temple in Lilburn.

If you're really feeling frugal, you could take cuttings off of someone's bushes. Requires a few more seasons of patience, but it's free!

• bugtussellmom
    14 years ago

Washington Farms was selling all of their mature bushes. I don't know if they have any left but you can google and find them, at least three locations I think.

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia