Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Nursery

Posted by roseman45 z7GA (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 1, 09 at 13:42

Really excited about this. It's called Gardenhood and it is going to open October 15, in the old location of Urban Gardener.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Nursery

Wow, that's fast!

o

Sorry - where was the Urban Gardener?

o

It's on Boulevard off of I-20 in southeast Atl.

o

I was informed by two of the partners, that the venture is a consortium of three privately owned, local nurseries. In that situation, they could transfer stock from their individual nurseries and since the location was formerly occupied by a nursery, very little preparatory work should be necessary to bring the new operation on line, in a very short time.
It would be a fairly long trek for me, so would you nearby gardeners please keep us in the exburbs informed of your
experiences and opinions? I'm always looking for choice, healthy plants, at reasonable prices!

o

They're seem to be doing a lot of prep work! Looks like a lot of construction. It's just up the street from us, so we're really excited.

o

Oh, yes. I get my hair cut across the street from there, and they had taken out the driveway and all the paving (and dang, I missed scooping all that broken concrete up! My favorite hardscape material!!) and had only left the house & chain link fence. Everything else was a total blank slate - lots of work needed to be done to have "show space" to put the plants.
I'm in the market for plants right now, and have my bike souped up to tote as many as I can! Can't wait! I do know one of the owners.

o

Looks like it opens tomorrow! Here's the AJC article.

Here is a link that might be useful: AJC article on GardenHood

o

I wish it wasn't crappy out today! I would like to ride over and take them some well wishes...maybe tomorrow!?!

o

I went by on opening day, Thursday. They have done a lot of work in a short amount of time. The place looks great. But, the plants...the plants!! The plants are amazing. I was so excited to see such a great selection - things I have NEVER seen before. Erica wrote about them in her article this week, I'll post the link. I'm now planning on where I'm gonna put all the new ones I bought and the ones I want to buy!

o
RE: New Nursery - Link

Oops, for got the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: Erica's AJC article: Fall is for Planting

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Georgia Gardener Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here