Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosiew

Have verbena bonariensis plants to give away

rosiew
13 years ago

Hi all,

I have many more plants than I have space for and would love to share. Rascal, saving some for you, btw.

I live in Sugar Hill. Come and get them!

Rosie

Comments (5)

• alex_7b
    13 years ago

Do butterflies like it?

• rosiew
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Alex,

It's a huge butterfly magnet! See attached link. What I love most is watching the goldfinches bobbing on the close to spent blooms, getting seed.

Need to know soon if anyone wants these before I pull and compost.

Rosie, in Sugar Hill

Here is a link that might be useful: V. bonariensis/butterflies

• Iris GW
    13 years ago

It seems to be escaping gardens now - I have seen it on roadsides lately in the metro area (previously had only seen it on roadsides in middle Georgia). (And I use the word "escape" because it is not native.)

• ccl38
    13 years ago

I love this plant. First saw it years ago in Indiana and have tried to grow it in Savannah but have not been successful. Wish I were in your area, I'd sure try it again.

• rosiew
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I would guess goldfinches are 'helping'with this. It's really amusing watching them clinging to a stem while feasting on the seedheads, with the plant gyrating from their efforts.

Have had no takers. I'm pulling out all the plants that have grown near my chaste tree. Want it to have all the room it needs - love my chaste tree.

Started with one verbena bonariensis about 3 years ago - reseeding has me now with more than a hundred.

Rosie, Sugar Hill

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts